Confidence in God

I went to an ex-boyfriend's birtday party last night and had a good time. At the end of the night my ego presented itself as a problem. I felt rejected becuase he didn't want to console me even though I made it a continuous priority to ease the pain I know I caused by initiating out break-up.

I went home and was unable to shake the feeling of rejection. I remember receiving a book from one of my mother's prayer partners on overcoming rejection and I tossed it to the side thinking it was irrelevant to my life. All things come full circle. I need to find that book!

I got home late last night and prayed that God would release me from the binding of rejection and competition. I am very clear and sure that I do not want to be in a relationship with this man but knowing he is "pulling on my heart strings" with no real intention on healing our wounds from the past or helping each other move forward is a blow to my ego that I am still learning to defeat.

God answers prayers, I opened my Bible and immediately landed in Ecclesiastes. I don't usually open the Bible to a page and immediately receive an answer but I know that this is something that God wanted to immediately handle.

Ecclesiastes 3:14
I know that whatever God does lasts froever. Nothing can be added to it or taken from it. He does it so you know it's of Him (establishing fear of God).

This may not mean to you what it meant for me last night. But during our entire relationship I was concerned with whether or not this was the man I was to grow old with. I definitely wanted it to be but can clearly remember times when God was telling me to move on and I wouldn't. this passage in Ecclesiastes reminds me not to be anxious but to trust that the man that he has ordained for me will be for me explicitly and that bond will last forever. It will be a permanent bond of his will and glory.

I am eager to meet God at His destination for my life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

top