On Peace: Day 2

Today’s message on Peace…
8/11/11


Numbers 6: 24-26


“The Lord bless you and keep you (24), The Lord make his face shine on you and be gracious to you (25) The Lord turn his face towards you and give you peace (26).

This one seems simple and filling. God told Aaron and his sons to bless the people of Israel by delivering this message. It’s one that you and I can use to bless others in the name of Jesus. Remember that God will never leave or forsake you and will bless you and keep you. A blessing is defined as help from God who will protect you and keep you safe in his shadow. One of my friends once assured me in the middle of a huge storm that I should be safe because God had me in a bubble and no one or thing could break through that bond. This is what it means to be kept by God.

As I meditate on verse 25 I literally think about God’s face illuminating its wonderful light upon me and treating me in way that is special. God’s grace is an unwarranted act of pleasant kindness that I may not deserve but that he delights in giving me.

And finally we come upon His peace… I wonder what the difference is between God shining his face on us and turning his face towards us. When God turns his face towards us he is directing his attention to us. Like the boat in the storm, when Jesus woke from His sleep to give the disciples his attention and demand peace over the rowdy waves, He turns His attention to us and provides us with reassurance that brings peace in His presence.


I want to encourage you to be a blessing to others as we strive to find peace together.
Be a blessing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

top