Peace Fast: Day 4

Deuteronomy 20:10
When you march up to attack a city make its people an offer of peace.

When I got this assignment yesterday morning I didn't know how I was going to be able to use it for others or myself. Who is at war Lord? and if we are the ones attacking why are we offering peace? My phone rang and my morning was met with anger - someone is disappointed with me, wants more from me and is yelling about how I failed to make the mark. As I repeated the scripture I thought about what wars I'm in and how I can bring peace to the negotiation table. In this chapter God wanted to relieve his people of their ways by giving them the opportunity to repent before he ordered his people to attack.

I have been praying for discernment and deliverance. I find that I sometimes make decisions that are not condusive to my long term goals but are good for the moment and satisfy the need at the time. Usually these decisions come back to bite me in the butt and I'm in too deep to confidently walk away without feeling some seperation anxiety for the people, places or things that I have gotten myself caught up in without consulting God. But my father is faithful to deliver me from the wilderness noting that some people may not understand and that I might have to fight my way out. In instances like that I am reminded to first offer peace - to demand peace even and if all else fails to fight for my salvation - knowing that the battle is won and the victory is His makes it easy to exercise my faith and settle on my peace in times of war.

What is your view on this scripture?
Be ready for tomorrow - we'll be focusing on Judges 6:24

0 comments:

Post a Comment

top