14 Days of Peace (Week 2)

Week 2 came upon us so quickly. At this point we know that trials and trouble are still lurking (now more than ever) but we've changed our minds so we now know how to deal with this pain in a way that allows us to maintain our foundation and continue to pursue ultimate happiness.

Day 14: Proverbs 14:30 A heart at peace gives life to the body, but envy rots the bones.


 
Commit your heart to being at peace. Look, I can tell you that this is a difficult task. At least three times a day, I find myself struggling to feel good, fighting the temptation to pay back evil for evil or hurt for hurt and conquering my fear of loneliness. The truth is what sets me free. Believing what God says helps get me back on track. I also remind myself that I have a choice - there are options. I can choose to know I have peace inside of me - planted like the rest of my organs and ready to be used daily for my survival. Recognizing the light inside you doesn't mean things will happen perfectly - it means your better off now than you were before. It means there is a goal to achieve an end point to this thing that will provide the reward we've needed so long.
 
Has anyone ever told you that stress will kill you? Envy - a resentful or unhappy feeling of wanting what someone else has - is a form of stress that will rot our bones. Be careful not to want so much of what others have. I like to remember that what God has for me is for me. No one can open a door that God closes or close a door that God opens. The more we realize that this is God's plan and we are limited operational partners, the sooner we will learn to trust His works. Opening your heart to God invites peace and longevity. Live strong!
 
Tomorrow's scripture Proverbs 16:7

0 comments:

Post a Comment

top