Peace Fast Day 10

Day 10: Psalm 34:14
TURN FROM EVIL AND DO GOOD; SEEK PEACE AND PURSUE IT


Instead of cursing someone out in the car beside me, having the last word in a disagreement, or telling the customer in line behind me her "much needed" truth - I relax and know that I can be a bigger and better blessing if I chose to communicate in more positive ways. Turning from the evil things we do or say in an unguarded moment is a true exercise and testament of our growth and strength in God's power. I remember watching an old episode of Oprah, Iyanla Vanzant was her guest and she said changing our lives often times begins with re-recording our mental cassette tape (reprograming our thoughts). Intentionally turning from the negative actions we may have chosen to take is the next step. This is where our new thoughts can come in to help us practice more peaceful living on a daily basis. I think it's important to recognize how evil is directly ahead and we must turn from it but peace needs to be found and pursued. Ironically - as we found out yesterday - God blesses his people with peace so the journey and pursuit of peace is a direct road to God. Once we have established our relationship with Him and pursue his calling for us #BAM there peace is too!


Day 11: Psalm 37:11

0 comments:

Post a Comment

top