Peace Fast Day 15

Day 15
Proverbs 16:7
When a man's ways are pleasing to the Lord, he makes even his enemies live at peace with him.

Work has been daunting to say the least. I was speaking to my cousin today and she asked me how I was handling all of the "drama." I told her I was focusing on God.

A few days ago we learned that if we find peace with God prosperity will come (Job 22:21). [Prosperity refers to the success of every arena of your life and not just your finances] Proverbs 16:7 extends to say peace with God causes even our enemies to live among us - trouble free! So when I'm in a situation that has been or tries to be negative or hostile in anyway I adjust my focus and remember the peace God has instilled in me.

One of my favorite lines from the 23rd Psalm is "he leadeth me besides the still water." The thought of still water puts me in a place of quiet, of meditation and clarity. Isn't that peace! Try it with me. Close your eyes and imagine being led besides the still water by God. As we walk our walk in this life it's nice to know that despite what was, is or is to come God is with us. Not only is he forever present, he is also directing our path and making peace our traveling partner. If things around you are frustrating and distracting, take time to be present in your peace. The peace God has made available to you is waiting to join you in this walk!

tomorrow's verse: Isaiah 9:6

0 comments:

Post a Comment

top